Monday, January 7, 2008

Christmas Vacation


Let me tell you about my vacation!! We drove up to see my grandparents, aunts, and uncles, for my first Christmas. On the way, we stopped in Tennessee where they had a swimming pool inside the hotel!! We went for a swim after we checked in which was lots of fun! The next day, we arrived in Virginia...I had a LOT of entertaining to do!



Grandma couldn't believe how much I've grown.



I loved pulling the books off the shelf!


Auntie Kate gave me rides in the laundry basket.

Uncle Pat and I walked around the store while Mom and Dad did some last minute errands.




Guess what?! I got to meet Santa in person! He was super nice to me and I really liked his big beard!




On Christmas Eve, we went to spread some Christmas cheer!





I got to visit Great Grandma Wilmer and made her smile. I also got a lot of attention from the other little old ladies at the home!





My Great-Great Uncle Jack was there, too!





Then we went to visit Great Grandpa Hadro.







And I helped him open his present!





It's Christmas morning!! Happy Birthday, Jesus!!




One of the gifts I received was Seamus the Sheep! He came all the way from Ireland!!









Uncle Pat got a REAL bow and arrow from Santa!




Ace made a good reindeer!









This is me and just ONE side of my family! And I have them all wrapped around my little finger!




This is me and Uncle Matt.




Uncle Mike helped me open my new basketball hoop!







Isn't my Aunt Lisa glamorous?!




Went went into Old Town Manassas to see the trains and the ice skating rink.





Some people say we look alike.

















The next day we took my first ride on the Metro into Washington D.C.












Here's the National Christmas Tree!! Behind it is the White House where the President lives!





Here's the tree representing the state in where I was born!





And this is where I live now!




After we saw the tree, we went into Union Station to see the little train.


We took a day to visit Nona's side of the family. Here are my second cousins: Michael, Nikki, Alessandra, Savannah, and Rachel!







Great Uncle Gerard and Aunt Jennifer







Great Uncle Tom and Aunt Cathy





Great Grandpa and Grandma Varney





Great Aunt Mary and Uncle Paul






Merry Christmas!!





My Uncle Darren is a police officer and he's got a cool car!






He let me drive!! Well, not really, but I still had fun pretending!










On the way back to Mobile, we stopped to visit Auntie Liz and Uncle Matt Fine, and their son Nicholas. We had a great time, and Nick showed me all sorts of new things!



Nick can stand on his head!!




Thanks for a great visit! We wish you lived closer!!

8 comments:

Welch Family Blog said...

Sounds like you guys had a great trip! I love all of Shay's cool hats. What a stylish guy!

Kate said...

What beautiful pictures! Merry First Christmas, Shay!

Glass Family said...

It looks like you guys had an awesome trip. Zach and I both agree we miss Ace, but he looks great. Seamus is too cute in the green and yellow hat as well (well, in every pic too but you know what I mean).

Paul Fifield said...

I didn't even recognize most of your siblings!!! Wow! Glad you had a great time!
Love ya!

Maria Clare said...

Michelle -

look like you had a great time and were very busy!!!!! I agree with Al, i love the hat!!!

Anonymous said...

i love the picture of shay and darren!

cecilia tinajero said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cecilia tinajero said...

shay is getting so big and so darn CUTE!!! him in the santa hat is classic...what a hottie! im glad ya'll had a great christmas with your friends and family...thanks for sharing the pics! love ya'll tons! your sis, ceci