Saturday, July 5, 2008

Farmers Market

It's Saturday morning again and that means it's time for the farmer's market. Better yet...it's time to explore the fountains in Cathedral Square!! I remembered to bring the camera this time...here are some of the photos we took.


Anyone who knows Shay, knows that he loves his cloth. Instead of getting attached to a blanket, stuffed animal, etc., he finds comfort in his burp cloths. We can't complain, however, because he isn't attached to a particular cloth...meaning, it's easy to replace if we lose it!! This morning, Shay would not let me take his cloth from him...so it took a dip in the fountain, too!


Along with the fountains, Seamus enjoys playing in the flower beds. I think it makes him feel like a big boy walking along the ledge.







Playing in the water makes a guy very thirsty! When he started trying to drink the water shooting up from the ground, I QUICKLY took the hint!


Shay spied two puppies over by the flowers and decided to go say, "Hi". One of the puppies decided to return the gesture. Puppy kisses!




In the background, you can see a man riding a bike over to the fountain. Shay saw him ride by and got all excited calling out, "Bike!" He ran over to the man to check out his wheels. The man was very nice to Shay and lifted him up to sit on the seat of his bicycle. As you can imagine, Seamus was grinning ear to ear.

As we walked through the market, Shay spotted a stand selling watermelons. I don't think he had ever seen so many at one time. The vendor cut up a big chunk and handed it to Shay to taste. Shay usually gobbles up watermelon, but for some reason, he just decided to carry that piece around and let it drip down his arm.



3 comments:

Welch Family Blog said...

What great pictures! I can't believe how big he's gotten, I mean, he looks really big in those pictures! -- Where does the time go?

Emily said...

Jonah wears red Crocs and uses that same green sippy cup for his water! They are definitely BFF.

cecilia tinajero said...

looks like fun!!!