Friday, August 8, 2008

Shay's First Haircut

It was a very sad day for Mommy, be we finally decided that it was time for Shay to have his haircut. We were getting ready to go see the Grandparents, and he was looking a little shaggy. We took him to Smilz-n-Stylz hair salon for kids because we knew he'd probably need a lot of distraction. Seamus didn't like a stranger messing with his hair, but he did like the Elmo doll and the cool Hummer that he got to "drive". The stylist was very sweet to him, and she had the thickest Southern accent I've heard (it sounded a lot like you, Reesa!!) Shay kept fighting her when she'd try to cut his hair...he almost lost a couple fingers!


Combing out his golden locks.

Here's the first snip!


"What did you do??"

When it was all over, Shay got to explore and "drive" the other car. I think he preferred the Corvette!

"I can't wait until I'm 16!!" (Keep dreaming, Buddy!)

After the traumatic haircut, we took Shay to the park to run around.





"Uncle Mikey, check out MY cool tat!"

Seamus saw a fire truck in the parking lot, and went over to explore. He especially enjoyed looking at his reflection in the hubcap!



The firefighters were playing tennis, but they got a call and had to hit the road!



Here's a little clip at the salon. Listen to her accent! Yes, we DO live in Alabama!

5 comments:

Glass Family said...

Awww, you did great Michelle. I remember how hard it was to cut Corbin's for the first time, however, with Hunter it is going to be awhile because he hardly has any hair. You look great by the way!

Maria Clare said...

he is so handsome!!!!!

The Fine Family said...

Love the new do Baby Shay. You are so handsome! Maybe you could do the spike like me next time! Hope you are having a good summer, I'm just waiting on my bro with mommy. Love you guys so much!

cecilia tinajero said...

his hair looks great!!! thanks for letting all of us in on his first haircut!!! what a cutie!!!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! Jonah's shag is getting trimmed this week, much to my dismay. xoEmily