Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Everybody's Irish on St. Paddy's Day!!

On St. Patrick's Day, we went downtown to the Cathedral for Mass and then we celebrated with a parade- Mobile Style. Of course there were lots of BEADS! When we arrived at the Cathdral, there was a huge group of men dressed in green, posing for a picture. I'm not sure what organization they represented, but they led the procession with bagpipes and all.

















Shay wouldn't wear his hat for long, but I was able to snap a quick picture before he took it off. He was too busy watching the parade to look at the camera...here's his distracted "Cheese!"

They were making such a big deal on the news about the White House fountain being dyed green for the first time ever. Apparently, Mobile does it every year...I guess the south isn't THAT slow afterall!






1 comment:

cecilia tinajero said...

looks like a fun day...the only thing missing is a nice irish beer! ;-)